Getting help if you’re feeling suicidal in England or Wales

The NHS is the first point of contact for those feeling suicidal. Visit your closest A&E or dial 999 if you don't feel you can keep yourself safe.

There is also information on the NHS Choices website about feeling suicidal and its causes, as well as advice on where to get help in this situation, and information and advice about what you can do if you're worried someone else is suicidal.

Mind offer advice and information about suicidal feelings and provide information about other organisations where you can seek help. You can also call their infoline on 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6am), or visit their A-Z section for answers to common questions.

Who else can I contact?

The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund

The RAF Benevolent Fund has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They support all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. They provide free access to mental health support and therapy through their wellbeing service. For more information, contact:

Telephone: 0800 169 2942
Website: The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund

Is this answer helpful?