Accommodation support – Deposit Guarantee scheme in England and Wales

If you want to rent privately in England or Wales but cannot afford the deposit, you should contact your local authority for advice. They can determine whether you qualify for state-provided housing assistance.

How else can I get help?

The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They support all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children.They may offer a grant to cover the first month's rent and the bond/deposit to beneficiaries in need. For support, contact:

Telephone: 0300 102 1919
Website: Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund

If you are a veteran or dependant and you cannot get housing assistance from your local authority, The Royal British Legion may be able to help. Depending on your circumstances, they can provide a Deposit Guarantee to the landlord in place of a traditional deposit.

To find out if The Royal British Legion can help with your rental deposit, contact:

Telephone: 0808 802 8080
Website: The Royal British Legion

Is this answer helpful?