Alcohol and drug dependency – support for families in England and Wales

If you or someone you know is struggling with an alcohol or drug dependency, there are services available to support you. These services aim to help not just the individual with the substance misuse problem, but those around them as well.

NHS Choices offers medical advice and information about alcohol and drug dependency, and refers to further support for families. They also list organisations you can contact for support.

Who else can help?

Combat Stress

Combat Stress is the UK's leading charity for veterans' mental health. For veterans who decide to seek help for mental health issues, it is vital that any alcohol or drug problems are addressed before treatment. The Combat Stress Veterans' Substance Misuse Case Management Service provides support for veterans with drug and alcohol issues. The specialist team of nurses and practitioners understand those who have served and can provide advice on how and where to get help. To find out more about this service, contact Combat Stress:

Telephone: 0800 138 1619
Website: Combat Stress


Mind is a UK charity that raises awareness and provides support for a variety of mental health problems. They have information, advice and support for people with mental health problems who also have alcohol dependency and misuse issues.

Mind Infoline: 0300 123 3393
Website: Mind

Is this answer helpful?