Employment support for families of serving and ex-Service personnel in England and Wales

The families of Serving and ex-Service personnel have access to a number of programmes and organisations supporting them to find employment.

You can look for job vacancies on Jobcentre Plus and receive special training and support through your job search. You may also be eligible to receive Jobseeker's Allowance support while you're looking for work.

Who else can help?

Recruit for Spouses is a social enterprise created by military spouses of serving personnel and veterans to help military wives and partners back into work. They can help with CV writing, job advice and introduce you to employers who understand the challenges spouses face in the job market. Visit their website for more information.

The Royal British Legion's Civvy Street is a career transition service for serving and ex-Service personnel and their families. Families can receive tailored employment support throughout their careers. For more information about employment support, visit their website.

X-Forces is an organisation that helps ex-Service personnel and their families apply for start-up loans and grants to start their own business. They also offer training on self-employment and business development. Visit the X-Forces website for more information.

Is this answer helpful?