The Royal British Legion is a charity that provides life-long support to members and veterans of the British Armed Forces and their families. They are the national custodian of Remembrance, they organise the annual Poppy Appeal, and campaign to improve the lives of the Armed Forces community.
The Legion provides financial, social and emotional support to include:
- Help with benefits, debt and money advice, support through grants and loans and specialist compensation advice.
- Financial advice. This covers many areas of life, such as managing money, your military career, family, managing crisis and debt.
- Support to help Service leavers find employment and access employment support grants, and advice and guidance is available to dependants of serving personnel. A range of support is also available to those who wish to start their own business.
- Six care homes providing short and long-term care, and admiral nurses to support those with dementia.
- Support with mental and physical wellbeing through the Battle Back Centre, and the Personnel Recovery Centre.
For advice or support, contact:
Helpline: 0808 802 8080 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week)
From overseas: +44 (0)20 3376 8080
Online information centre: Knowledge base
Website: The Royal British Legion
Head Office Address:
The Royal British Legion
199 Borough High Street