Combat Stress

Combat Stress


Please be aware as of Monday 27 January 2020 Combat Stress will not be taking new referrals in England and Wales. Referrals will continue as usual in Northern Ireland, and in Scotland.

Combat Stress is the UK’s leading mental health charity for veterans, providing free evidence-based clinical treatment and support to ex-servicemen and women of the UK Armed Forces.

We provide a range of services through our three residential treatment centres and our community teams. Call our free 24-hour Helpline (0800 138 1619) for confidential advice on your mental health problems and how to get help.

Every year a small but significant number of veterans leave the Armed Forces with complex mental health problems.

If you have experienced any of the following, we may be able to help:

  • Suffering from nightmares or flashbacks?
  • Having unwanted terrible thoughts?
  • Feeling cut off from life?
  • Losing your temper more often?
  • Finding it hard to sleep?


It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, or for how long you served - we can help you, wherever you live in the UK.

It’s never too late. The treatment we deliver can help no matter when you ask for it.

All our services are free of charge to veterans.

We treat conditions including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression and anxiety. We provide a range of free services including a specialist PTSD Intensive Treatment Programme, Occupational Therapy, Substance Misuse Case Management Service, and a UK-wide network of community teams providing support to veterans.

More information

For advice or support, please contact our 24-hour Helpline:

Call: 0800 138 1619
Text: 07537 404 719


General enquiries- Head Office: 01372 587 000
Combat Stress Treatment Centre - Audley Court (Shropshire): 01952 822 722
Combat Stress Treatment Centre - Hollybush House (Ayrshire): 01292 561 300
Combat Stress Treatment Centre - Tyrwhitt House (Surrey): 01372 587 002


Website: Combat Stress

Head Office Address:
Combat Stress
Tyrwhitt House
Oaklawn Road
KT22 0BX

Is this answer helpful?