Poppyscotland is a charity providing life-changing support to the Armed Forces Community in Scotland.
They support those who have served, those still serving and their families. Support is available to people of all ages, whether difficulties have arisen during time in the Armed Forces or many years later.
Poppyscotland offer practical advice, assistance and funding in the following areas:
- Tailored Support and Funding Grants are wide-ranging and can cover areas such as home repairs or adaptations, replacement household goods and clothing.
- Advice Poppyscotland has two Welfare Centres, one in Kilmarnock and another in Inverness. They also fund many partner organisations to provide advice in a range of areas. The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides advice through Citizens Advice on issues including benefits, debt, housing and employment.
- EmploymentThey offer Employment Support Grants for training, and work with partners to offer employment support to those facing barriers to work through vulnerability, disability, mental health conditions or because of a criminal conviction.
- MobilityTheir grants can be used to fund mobility aids and adaptations, including motorised scooters and handrails for your home.
- Poppy BreaksShort breaks can be awarded where it would be beneficial to a client’s wellbeing. These are assessed on a basis of welfare need and means.
- HousingAs well as funding improvements and adaptations directly through their grants, they also fund partner organisations that assist veterans with housing.
- Mental HealthThey provide funding and work with partner organisations who give advice and support to those with mental health conditions.
For advice or support, contact Poppyscotland Welfare Services:
Telephone: 0131 550 1557 Mon - Fri, 9am - 4.30pm