Seafarers’ Advice & Information Line (SAIL) provides free and confidential advice to Royal Navy and Royal Marines veterans, their families and carers. We can support you with advice on a wide range of issues including debt, benefits, pensions, charity grants, care homes, immigration, tax and problems at work. SAIL is part of Citizens Advice.
SAIL provides free advice and support in many areas:
- One-to-one debt advice, for example help with bailiffs, agreeing payment plans, getting write-offs, DROs, bankruptcies and IVAs.
- Benefit advice including Universal Credit, Armed Forces Independence Payment, PIP, ESA, AA, Pension Credit and benefits for carers.
- Housing - disrepair, adaptations to your home, and advice on care home options.
- Immigration issues for you and your family.
- Employment issues including discrimination, grievances, disciplinaries and dismissals.
- Face-to-face advice at VOS in Portsmouth and at QVSR in East London.
SAIL advice for Naval Service veterans is funded by Greenwich Hospital.