Accessing support for sight loss in Scotland

If you have problems with your sight, consider visiting an optician for advice about glasses and contact lenses. Use the NHS Service Finder to locate your local opticians.

If you experience sudden changes, such as blurred vision or eye pain, contact your GP immediately, as you may need treatment.

Who can help?

If you need help and support with sight loss, below are some organisations that can help:


Blesma help limbless and vision-impaired veterans lead independent and fulfilling lives. They offer tailored support and grants for home modifications, and they can help with War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation applications. For support, contact:

Telephone: 0208 590 1124
Website: Blesma

Blind Veterans UK

Blind Veterans UK assists ex-Service personnel living with sight loss. They provide expert support through induction weeks, rehabilitation, training, sports and care facilities. For support, contact:

Telephone: 0800 389 7979
Website: Blind Veterans UK

Scottish War Blinded

Scottish War Blinded provide free support to ex-service men and women who are affected by sight loss. Their services cover rehabilitation, grants, social activities and respite breaks. For support, contact:

Telephone: 0800 035 6409
Website: Scottish War Blinded

Is this answer helpful?