I am a service leaver and I need help finding a job in Scotland

If you are in your final two years of service or were discharged within the last two years, the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) can offer support with finding employment and settling into civilian life.

They can assist with CV writing, developing interview skills and expert help when applying for jobs.

You can search for full and part-time jobs on the "Find a job" service.

Who else can help?

Officers Association Scotland

The Officers’ Association Scotland provides lifelong employment support, ranging from bespoke advice and guidance, training, resources, an executive jobs board and countless networking opportunities to all Officers and their families. Where further training or learning is required to enhance employment opportunities, a bursary award may be granted to assist. OA Scotland also work closely with Employers to encourage the recognition of how hiring military personnel is good for business. Visit the OA Scotland website to learn more about the support they provide.

Poppyscotland and RBLI

Poppyscotland offer support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland, including help with finding work and employment support grants. To find out more, visit the Poppyscotland website.

In partnership with Poppyscotland, Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI) delivers LifeWorks, a vocational assessment, employability and change management course for veterans. The course helps veterans find suitable and sustainable jobs, identify the training required to secure them, and access funding if needed. LifeWorks provides the tools to access options such as CV development, interview skills, and building confidence and motivation to move forward into work. Visit the LifeWorks website to learn more.

RFEA - The Forces Employment Charity

RFEA helps service leavers and veterans find jobs that fit their unique skillsets. RFEA supports members of the Armed Forces community from all backgrounds and all abilities. They also encourage selected employers to hire veterans. To find out more, visit the RFEA website.

Is this answer helpful?