Accommodation support – Deposit Guarantee scheme in Scotland

If you want to rent privately but cannot afford the deposit, you should contact your local authority for advice. They can determine whether you qualify for state-provided housing assistance.

How else can I get help?


Poppyscotland offer a range of information, practical advice and funding for veterans and their dependants living in Scotland. Get in touch to find out more about what funding you may be eligible to apply for.

Telephone: 0131 550 1557
Website: Poppyscotland

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF)

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They support all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children.They may offer a grant to cover the first month's rent and the bond/deposit to beneficiaries in need. For support, contact:

Telephone: 0300 102 1919
Website: RAFBF

Is this answer helpful?