Support with moving back into civilian accommodation in Scotland

If you are planning to leave the Armed Forces, you can get assistance with finding somewhere to live.

Who can help?

The Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) provides information and advice on different types of civilian accommodation.

Shelter is the UK's leading housing charity, and can offer expert advice for finding civilian accommodation. They may be able to help you apply for council or housing association accommodation. Call 0808 800 4444 to see how they can help.

Find out more from Shelter:

Support with resettlement

You may be eligible for support from the Career Transition Partnership, which aims to help in the resettlement of veterans through employment and housing. If you are an early Service leaver, the Future Horizons Programme may be able to help. Get in touch on 0121 236 0058 for assistance.

Financial Support

Officers' Association Scotland supports officers resident in Scotland who have served, are still serving, and their families. They offer grants on a case-by-case basis, which can help with living costs and home repairs and adaptations.

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They are there for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. They may be able to offer you financial help with housing costs and accommodation.

SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity, supports veterans through financial assistance for a variety of needs. They may be able to help with the costs of moving back into civilian accommodation. To see what assistance they can provide, contact SSAFA on 0800 260 6767 or visit the website.

Is this answer helpful?