Support with moving back into civilian accommodation in Northern Ireland

If you are planning to leave the Armed Forces, you can get assistance with finding somewhere to live.

Who can help?

The Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) provides information and advice on different types of civilian accommodation.

Find out more from Shelter:

Residents of Northern Ireland can contact Housing Advice Northern Ireland for help finding a place to live. Contact them on 0289 024 5640 for more information.

Support with resettlement

You may be eligible for support from the Career Transition Partnership, which aims to help in the resettlement of veterans through employment and housing. If you are an early Service leaver, the Future Horizons Programme may be able to help. Get in touch on 0121 236 0058 for assistance.

Financial Support

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They are there for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. This may include grants and financial help with housing costs and accommodation.

The Royal British Legion offer financial advice and support to Service and ex-Service people. They offer a range of grants to cover accommodation costs. To find out more, visit the Legion website.


SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity, supports veterans through financial assistance for a variety of needs. They may be able to help with the costs of moving back into civilian accommodation. To see what assistance they can provide, contact SSAFA on 0800 260 6767 or visit the website.

Is this answer helpful?