Managed accommodation for ex-Service people in England and Wales

Managed accommodation is a good choice for veterans that want to retain their independence and live with like-minded people in a safe, stable community. You will be able to access affordable accommodation that provides housing tailored to your needs, including properties that are modified for use by wounded or disabled veterans. The properties are usually only for rent, but there are many homes suitable for veterans to live together with their families and dependents.

Different organisations own and manage accommodation, and each will assess your individual needs. Typically you must have an Armed Forces connection and be in housing need to be considered. Contact each organisation to find out more about their accommodation and how to apply.


Where can I find managed accommodation?

The Royal British Legion offers extensive information about managed accommodation around England. Visit their website for further details, or get in touch to talk about your living arrangements.

Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI) supports veterans and their dependants through tailored assistance and various housing options. Visit the RBLI website to find out more about managed accommodation.

Residential nursing and dementia homes plus short breaks (please be aware that applications for the Royal British Legion's Break Centre Service have been suspended), and respite care are also available for ex-service personnel via the Cobseo Care Home Cluster. Visit their website to see a directory of the services available.


Veterans' Gateway - Access to Housing Advice

The Veterans' Housing Advice service, initially provided by the Cobseo group of charities, and delivered by The Royal British Legion, Connect Assist and Shelter, has now been merged into Veterans' Gateway. The service is accessible 24/7 and supported by a resident housing specialist located at the Contact Centre.

The team aim to support veterans in finding, securing or maintaining accommodation by utilising the skills and resources of the Cobseo Housing Cluster, local authority contacts and other housing providers. Information can be accessed by telephone, email, live chat, social media, and on the website by visiting Veterans' Gateway/Self Help/Housing.

For more information, contact:
Telephone: 0808 802 1212 (Freephone 24/7)
Email: Via contact form
Website: Veterans' Gateway/Self Help. Please select housing to see all options.

Is this answer helpful?