The Officers' Association is the only Tri-Service organisation that looks after officers. We are an independent charity committed to ensuring that officers and their dependants live with dignity and independence. We do this through two main departments, one that provides a range of services (mostly the provision of grants) to retired officers and their dependants, and the other that helps serving as well as former officers with cutting-edge employment services.
Grant Making and Advice
The Association offers benevolence support to retired officers and their dependants wherever they live, worldwide. Some services are means tested and we provide an end-to-end, personalised and confidential service which includes case management. People are normally visited by an experienced volunteer to help better understand their needs.
The grant making department provides financial assistance through:
- Regular standard allowances
- Grants towards the payment of bills
- One-off grants, for instance for white or brown goods
- Help toward funeral costs
- Assistance with care home fees
- Help with paying for care at home.
We also refer people to others who provide:
- Legal advice
- Help with loneliness
- Advice of money and debt management.
- Whether still serving, in transition or a former officer looking for a change of career in later life, the OA is able to offer professional, impartial and practical advice on all aspects of transition and employment. We work closely with the CTP and supplement the services they offer with targeted advice and guidance for officers seeking Executive roles.
- Discovering what people want from their next career after the Armed Services can be a challenging process, so having the right support, insight and connections on hand is vital - this is where we can help. The employment services are not means tested, are free and are provided in England and Wales.
Our three delivery areas are:
- OA Insight - Building knowledge through our Online knowledge base, Industry and Sector insight/intelligence, transition stories, workshops, webinars and symposium.
- OA Connect - Growing connections and your network through locally managed networking groups and other OA networking opportunities all supported by active LinkedIn Groups.
- OA Appointments - Bringing roles from employers who value the benefits former officers bring through our Targeted Executive Jobs Board, Expert candidate/job matching, Local job advice and guidance, Regular job alerts to candidates.
Officers are able to choose our full employment programme which includes a confidential and tailored career consultation or just access those activities which are best suited to their needs at the time. The first step is to register with the OA by downloading the OA Employment App (at the Apple App Store or Google Play) or completing the web form on our website.
Call us to have an informal chat with one of our advisors:
Employment advice and support: 0117 906 3580 Benevolence advice and support: 020 7808 4175
Website: Officers' Association
Head Office Address:
The Officers' Association
Mountbarrow House, 6-20 Elizabeth Street