Applying for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in Scotland

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a benefit for people aged 16 to 64 with a long-term illness or disability.

You can get it on top of Employment and Support Allowance or other benefits. Your income, savings, and employment status don't affect your eligibility.

Find out more about PIP or use the Government's PIP checker tool to see if you or someone you care for is eligible. The Scottish Citizens Advice Bureaux Service also provides advice on benefits. Get advice online or contact your local bureau.

Who can help?

The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP), delivered by the Citizens Advice Bureau in Scotland, provides dedicated information, advice and support for the Armed Forces community. Visit the ASAP Advice website for help with PIP.

Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) is the only Citizens Advice dedicated to Naval Service Veterans. They provide expert telephone and email advice with financial matters, including help with PIP.

The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They support all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. They can give advice and support in relation to benefits, including PIP.

Is this answer helpful?