Applying for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in Scotland

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is a benefit for people who cannot work due to illness or disability.

You can get financial support if you're unable to work, or help with working based on your ability. Visit the Department of Work and Pensions website to find out more.

Who can help?

The Armed Services Advice Project, (ASAP) delivered by the Citizens Advice Bureau in Scotland, provides dedicated information, advice and support for the Armed Forces community. Contact for advice on ESA.

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They are there for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. They can give advice and support in relation to benefits, including ESA, through their advice and advocacy service.

Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) is the only Citizens Advice dedicated to Naval Service Veterans. They provide expert telephone and email advice on a range of issues, including help with ESA.

Is this answer helpful?