Accessing support for hearing loss in Northern Ireland

If you're worried about your hearing, you should visit your GP. They can check your ears and refer you to a specialist if necessary.

NI Direct offers information and support on hearing loss on their website. You can find out more about the causes of hearing loss, and preventing and treating it. They also have information on hearing aids, many of which are free as part of the NHS services.

The Royal British Legion can help if you have lost your hearing due to Service in the Armed Forces. You may be able to claim a War Disablement Pension or Armed Forces Compensation. You may also be eligible to apply for the Veterans Medical Fund, which can help toward equipment and treatments to improve your quality of life.

If you are registered as disabled, you may qualify for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Disability Living Allowance.

Is this answer helpful?