Scottish Veterans Residences (SVR) is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC015260) established in 1910 to provide accommodation and help for homeless veterans. SVR's operational arm is Scottish Veterans Housing Association (SVHA) which provides high quality, supported accommodation for veterans who are homeless, vulnerable or in need.
We provide registered housing support services in a residential setting for veterans of all ages. Our residences are located in Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow and can house anyone who has served in the UK Armed Forces or Merchant Marine, from any part of the UK.
Our housing support services are provided at two houses in multiple occupancy Whitefoord House located on Edinburgh's historic Royal Mile and Rosendael situated in Broughty Ferry, Dundee. The third service is the new Bellrock Close transitional support service in Glasgow.
Accommodation in Edinburgh and Dundee is in single, en-suite rooms and the service includes all meals and laundry. In Glasgow the accommodation is in self-contained, fully furnished, one bedroom flats.
Our residences have extensive facilities such as gyms, IT suites, cafes, gardens and games rooms. The service includes:
- Fully qualified housing/support staff able to assist with income maximisation, applying for benefits, registering for housing and life skills including registering with GPs/Dentists, budgeting etc.
- Integrated therapeutic counsellors to help those with mental health issues and access to other organisations.
- Integrated Employment Mentors with access to considerable funding for courses as well as expert guidance on CV writing, training, volunteering and employment opportunities.
- Access to funding to help veterans using our support services to furnish their permanent accommodation when they move on.
- Relationships with several social housing providers who are keen to house veterans coming from our service.
We welcome enquiries from veterans of all ages, with any Service background, from any part of the UK.
For advice or support, contact:
Telephone: 0131 556 0091 (24 hours a day, 7 days per week)
Online Accommodation enquiry: Enquire
Website: Scottish Veterans Residences
Head Office Address:
Scottish Veterans Residences 53 Canongate Edinburgh EH8 8BS