Applying for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in England and Wales

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a benefit replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people aged 16 to 64 with a long-term illness or disability. Find out more about PIP or use the Benefits and Work PIP checker tool to see if you or someone you care for is eligible.

Who can help?

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They support all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. They can give advice and support in relation to benefits, including PIP, through their advice and advocacy service.

The Royal British Legion supports members of the Armed Forces community who may be eligible to receive PIP. Legion offices can offer further help and advice with PIP claims and other benefits. The Legion's Benefits, Debt and Money Advice service can assist with appealing a PIP decision.

Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) is the only Citizens Advice dedicated to Naval Service Veterans. They provide expert telephone and email advice with financial matters, including help with PIP.

Is this answer helpful?