Civil compensation claims for negligence in Scotland

To be awarded a War Pension or Armed Forces compensation, you do not have to prove blame. If the injury was caused by a breach of care duties, you may be able to make a civil claim for negligence. 

You must make a civil claim within three years of the negligent act, and you should contact a solicitor to help you.

You can make claims for a War Pension or Armed Forces compensation and negligence, but you cannot be compensated twice, as one claim will offset against the other.

Who can help?

The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP), delivered by Citizens Advice Bureaux in Scotland, provides dedicated information, advice and support for the Armed Forces community. Visit the ASAP Advice website for help with your civil claim.

Is this answer helpful?