Disability benefit appeals - Self representation Scotland

If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) changes your Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP), you can challenge the decision. There are strict time limits. First you must usually ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

If you think the Mandatory Reconsideration decision is wrong, you can appeal against it. There are strict time limits in this situation too.

There is information and guidance available to help you represent yourself.

Who can help?


Members of the Armed Forces Community can get advice and information from the Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP).

Email: ASAP@CAS.org.uk
Website: ASAP Advice

Help for Heroes

Help for Heroes are a UK charity offering a broad range of support and advice to injured veterans. Their Support Hubs can help on a range of issues, including benefits and finance. To find out more, contact:

Phone: 01980 844280
Email: getsupport@helpforheroes.org.uk
Website: Help for Heroes

The Veterans Welfare Service

The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) is part of Veterans UK. This service offers veterans professional advice in relation to welfare claims. To use this service, contact the VWS centre in your region.

Is this answer helpful?