Benefits options for ex-military in Scotland

There are various ways for you to claim benefits based on your income, contributions and circumstances. The Department of Work and Pensions offers expert information on the types of benefits you are entitled to, as well as benefits calculators to help you determine what you can claim.

The MoD Veterans Welfare Service can also provide you with further information on DWP Benefits and how they overlap with your entitlement to compensation benefits from the MoD.

Where to get help

The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) offers benefits advice, information and support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland. Visit the ASAP Advice website for support with benefits.

Veterans UK is the Ministry of Defence's service that helps veterans on many issues, including benefits and welfare. They also offer information on a range of compensation schemes available for veterans and their dependants. The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) is part of Veterans UK, and offers veterans professional advice in relation to welfare and compensation claims. They will support you throughout your transition from service and through life. To use this service, contact the VWS centre in your region.

Is this answer helpful?