Access to emergency food supplies in Scotland

If you need emergency food supplies, contact your local council or visit the Citizens Advice website to find a foodbank in your area. Foodbanks provide boxes of food donated by the public for those struggling to feed themselves and their families.

You may also receive food vouchers from your GP, social worker, health visitor or school who identify people in crisis. Your voucher gives you three days' food.

Foodbank volunteers also provide a listening ear over a warm drink, and they can refer you to other organisations that can help with the underlying causes of your crisis.

Who else can help?

The Armed Forces Advice Project (ASAP) can offer advice on a range of issues, including accessing emergency food supplies. Visit the ASAP Advice website for more information. 

The Trussell Trust is one of the largest foodbank networks in the UK. They can help you find a local foodbank to provide a minimum of three days' emergency food. You can contact them at:

Call: 01722 580 180
Website: The Trussell Trust

Is this answer helpful?