Death related to Service - financial help for dependants

If your spouse or civil partner died as a result of Service, you may be entitled to compensation. If the death occurred before 6 April 2005, you may be eligible to claim a War Widow(er)'s Pension. If the death occurred on or after this date, you may be eligible to claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. If the death occurs whilst still in Service, Veterans UK will automatically consider whether Service is the cause of death without the need for a claim form to be completed.

Visit the Veterans UK website to find out more about the schemes and to download an application form.

Who can help?

The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) is part of Veterans UK. This service offers veterans professional advice in relation to welfare claims. To use this service, contact the VWS centre in your region.

The Royal British Legion offers money advice to the Armed Forces community in the UK. This includes advice on claiming financial compensation.

Is this answer helpful?