Immigration advice

The process of changing your immigration status or nationality for you and your family can be very daunting. The application forms are expensive and need to be completed accurately.

You also need to know if you meet the relevant criteria, if you are allowed to apply for UK benefits, and if you can access free health care from the NHS.

Who can help?

Immigration advice is closely regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), and finding low cost immigration advice can be difficult. The government website has a list of immigration advisers who can help.

Your local Citizens Advice will also be able to provide free immigration advice.

Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) is the only Citizens Advice dedicated to Naval Service Veterans. They provide expert telephone and email advice. They can help you with free immigration advice for you and your family.

Is this answer helpful?