Getting help with eviction (Wales)

If you are facing eviction, there is help available. You are protected against some forms of eviction as part of your tenancy agreement, but in some cases, your landlord will have a right to evict you.

Visit Shelter's website for immediate advice and support, or contact a local Shelter surgery for face-to-face advice.

See more from Shelter:

Who can help?

Below are a list of organisations that provide eviction advice and support:

Seafarers Advice and Information Line (SAIL)

Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) is the only Citizens Advice dedicated to Naval Service Veterans. They provide expert telephone and email advice. They may be able to help you if you are facing eviction. To discuss your circumstances, contact SAIL at:

Telephone: 0800 160 1842
Website: SAIL


Shelter can provide expert assistance for a range of housing issues. If you are facing eviction and want to know your rights, and how you may be able to prevent it, contact Shelter at:


Telephone: 0345 075 5005
Website: Shelter

Veterans' Gateway - Access to Housing Advice

The Veterans' Housing Advice service, initially provided by the Cobseo group of charities, and delivered by The Royal British Legion, Connect Assist and Shelter, has now been merged into Veterans' Gateway. 

The team aim to support veterans in finding, securing or maintaining accommodation by utilising the skills and resources of the Cobseo Housing Cluster, local authority contacts and other housing providers. Information can be accessed by telephone, email, live chat, social media, and on the website by visiting Veterans' Gateway/Self Help/Housing.

For more information, contact:
Telephone: 0808 802 1212 (Freephone 24/7)
Email: Via contact form
Website: Veterans' Gateway/Self Help. Please select housing to see all options.

What does my landlord need to evict me?

All landlords must follow a specific procedure if they want to evict you. See Shelter's website for information on the different procedures for private, council or housing association tenants.

Illegal eviction

There are laws in place governing the rights of tenants who are at risk of eviction. If your landlord is trying to evict you through threats or harassment, physically removing you from the property, or denying you entry, they are committing a criminal offence called illegal eviction.

See Shelter for more information on illegal eviction and harassment and how you can seek help.

Is this answer helpful?