Support with moving back into civilian accommodation in Wales

If you are planning to leave the Armed Forces, you can get assistance with finding somewhere to live. You should contact the Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) before leaving the Armed Forces. They can provide information and advice on different types of civilian accommodation. They also hold briefings available to all serving personnel and their families.

Find out more from Shelter:

Who else can help?

Shelter is the UK's leading housing charity, and can offer expert advice for finding civilian accommodation. They may be able to help you apply for council or housing association accommodation. Contact Shelter Cymru on 0345 075 5005 for advice.

Support with resettlement

You may be eligible for support from the Career Transition Partnership, which aims to help in the resettlement of veterans through employment and housing. If you are an early Service leaver, the Future Horizons Programme may be able to help. Get in touch on 0121 236 0058 for assistance.

National Housing Pathway for Ex-Service personnel

The National Housing Pathway for Ex-Service personnel is the Welsh Government's commitment to support former Armed Forces personnel obtain suitable accommodation, including access to local authority homelessness services. The Government's Package of Support outlines the support and services available to ex-Service personnel for housing, healthcare, employability, education and more.

Financial Support

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They are there for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. This may include grants and financial help with housing costs and accommodation.

The Royal British Legion offer financial advice and support to Service and ex-Service people. They may offer a grant to help with accommodation costs. To find out more, visit the Legion website.

SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity, supports veterans through financial assistance for a variety of needs. They may be able to help with the costs of moving back into civilian accommodation. To see what assistance they can provide, contact SSAFA on 0800 260 6767 or visit the website.

Is this answer helpful?