ASAP provides information, advice and support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland. Funded through Poppyscotland, the service is delivered by Citizens Advice Bureaux in 11 regions across Scotland and a national Freephone helpline.
ASAP is for anyone who is currently serving or has served, and their dependants (partner or spouse, including those bereaved). This includes the regular and reserve forces, and early service leavers.
We can assist with:
- Benefits - entitlements, support with applications and appeals against decisions;
- Debt and money advice - budgeting, debt management, income maximisation and improving your financial situation;
- Housing - whether you rent, live in Service accommodation, are an owner occupier or are homeless;
- Work-related problems - terms and conditions, dismissal, sickness absence, intimidation, unfair dismissal and redundancy issues;
- Consumer issues - help with everything from broken kettles to difficulties with gas and electricity supply;
- Relationships - issues relating to separation, children, bereavement and other family matters;
- Service related matters, including referrals to the appropriate organisation to help you.
Our trained specialist advisers offer information, advice and casework support. They will work with a wide range of other organisations to put together a support package that's right for you.