I am a Service leaver and I need help finding a job in England, Wales or Northern Ireland

If you are in your final two years of service or were discharged within the last two years, the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) can offer support with finding employment and settling into civilian life.

They can assist with CV writing, developing interview skills and expert help when applying for jobs.

Who else can help?

You can search for full and part-time jobs on the "Find a job" service. In Northern Ireland you can search for full and part time jobs on Jobcentre Online.

There are also some other Service charities offering guidance through the employment process.


Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI) delivers LifeWorks, a vocational assessment, employability and change management course for veterans. The course helps veterans find suitable and sustainable jobs, identify the training required to secure them, and access funding if needed. LifeWorks provides the tools to access options such as CV development, interview skills, and building confidence and motivation to move forward into work. Visit the LifeWorks website to learn more.

RFEA - The Forces Employment Charity

RFEA is a charity helping Service leavers and ex-Service personnel find jobs that fit their unique skillsets. They support members of the Armed Forces community from all backgrounds and all abilities. They also encourage selected employers to hire veterans. To find out more, visit the RFEA website.

Is this answer helpful?