Improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) programme

As a veteran, you can get help with mental health issues through the NHS. The NHS offers assessment and support through the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme.

Contact your local GP who can put you in touch with your nearest IAPT service. The IAPT service offers confidential therapy sessions with a counsellor. You can seek help for depression, anxiety and other mental health issues. If you need urgent assistance, find your nearest walk in centre.

Where can I find IAPT counselling services?

IAPT clinics and appointments are offered in GP surgeries and health clinics, to ensure they are accessible and referrals are handled appropriately. Visit the NHS Choices website to find an IAPT service near you.

Where can I get more help?

Mind is a leading charity that provides extensive advice for a range of mental health issues. Visit the Mind website for information on how to cope with depression, anxiety, PTSD and many other problems.

Is this answer helpful?