Mission Motorsport, The Forces’ Motorsport Charity aids in the recovery and rehabilitation of those affected by military operations by providing opportunities through motorsport and the automotive industry. The team, made up of veterans, serving personnel, military spouses and automotive professionals have a unique understanding of the military. As the MoD’s competent authority for motorsport as a recovery activity, we help those from the Serving and Veteran communities in need.
In line with our motto Race|Retrain|Retrain|Recover, we deliver sporting opportunities, training and vocational activities.
RACE: Mission Motorsport’s competition and experience programmes are for the WIS community and range from a national karting programme to car control activities, track days to full blown racing. Any veteran can become involved in volunteering opportunities such as the F1 Racemaker programme or a support role at events. There is something for everyone.
RETRAIN: Training and industry insight are key steps for those making the transition to civvy street or those looking for a new career. So, whether you’re in the process of being discharged or a veteran of any age, Mission Motorsport offers a range of training opportunities, up to and including industry recognised Level 3 diplomas to set you on a new career within the automotive industry.
RECOVER: Helping you as you make the transition, we can help you access work placements and employment opportunities in the ever growing workforce in the automotive and motorsport industry.
We are able to host a variety of events throughout the year including:
- National Karting Programme
- Track days at venues including Goodwood, Thruxton, Silverstone and the Nurburgring
- Tickets for Festival of Speed, British Super Bikes and BTCC
- Veterans@Heritage – an outreach programme held regularly at Bicester Heritage
- Competition: Race of Remembrance
Regardless of your background, our training facilities and staff can help with:
- Industry Insight Days
- Vehicle wrapping and livery
- Classic restoration
- Automotive Sales
- Motorsports Photography
- Industry recognised qualifications including: IMI Levels 2 & 3 Awards in electric/hybrid vehicle system repair and replacement. IMI Level 3 Diploma in Light vehicle maintenance & repair principles
We can aid and assist with helping you find your new career with some great companies such as: Jaguar Land Rover, Lotus, and Stellantis.Follow us on Social Media: