For over 90 years, the RAF Association have championed a simple belief that no member of the RAF community should ever be left without the help that they need. RAFA are a leading welfare and wellbeing charity that supports the RAF community through a range of different welfare & wellbeing services with the aim of supporting and connecting people.
- Financial Assistance: We will support you to manage your personal finances or support with debt management, signposting you to a benefits specialist through our nationally accredited Welfare Caseworker Volunteers.
- RAF Association Branches: Our branch system acts as a network of support for the RAF community across the UK and overseas.
- War Pensions and the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme: The RAF Association offers expert advice and professional assistance.
- Retirement Accommodation: Our four retirement accommodation complexes (Moffat, Rothbury, Melton Mowbray, Storrington) support individuals who want to continue to live in an independent manner but with a helping hand on site.
- RAFA Kidz: At the Royal Air Force Association, we understand that having access to great childcare is really important. RAFA Kidz delivers affordable and nurturing early year’s childcare in a welcoming and safe environment.
- Connections for Life: Loneliness is painfully common in the RAF community. Whether you are lonely, isolated from friends and family or facing difficult situations alone, Connections for Life works tirelessly to connect you to the people and services that can help the most. Our Connections for Life Volunteers are across the country and reach out to those who ask for help, to offer friendship and support.
- Finding It Tough? Mental wellbeing course: We understand that life can be a challenge from time to time and we all need a bit of help. Our mental wellbeing course will help you to recognise that you are not alone and offer different perspectives and approaches to the way you think and feel.
- Navigating Dementia: Many serving members of the RAF community are in the unique position of caring for someone with dementia at a distance. As part of our mission to support the RAF community, we’re determined to do all we can to ease the burden.
- Volunteering Opportunities: All our welfare volunteers are nationally accredited, as well as Connections for Life and Caseworker Volunteers, we have a range of other opportunities.
Stay in touch:
- Story Book Wings & Doodle pack services for those who are serving and missing their loved ones. Find out more by email.
- Air Mail, our quarterly newsletter, keeps serving and veteran personnel in touch with one another and with what's happening around the country. We also produce Talking Air Mail for those with a visual impairment.