Financial assistance for parents who are studying in Wales

If you are a parent who is studying while on a low income, you could be eligible for The Financial Contingency Fund to help with the cost of childcare. The fund is also awarded to some low income students with no children. Visit the Welsh Government website for more information.

Who can apply?

You may qualify for the Financial Contingency Fund if:

  • You’re aged 16 or above.
  • Your annual household income is under £28,000.
  • You pay for registered childcare.

How can Ito apply?

You should contact your college or course provider directly to ask about the Financial Contingency Fund.

Who can help?

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They are there for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. Their Advice and Advocacy service offers expert advice on benefits and help with claiming support. Visit the RAFBF website for more information.

Contact The Royal British Legion for more information about eligibility, and how to apply.

Is this answer helpful?