Government Grant in Aid to Polish ex-Service personnel

The Grant in aid (GIA) is offered by the Government to people who served in the Polish Resettlement Corps in World War II under British command, and who settled in the UK after the War.

What grants are available?

There are two grants available:

  • Regular assistance of £50 paid on a quarterly basis, assessed each year.
  • A one-off grant 50 per cent of your assessed needs grant.

Visit The Royal British Legion's website for more information about the grant.

How can I apply?

This fund is administered by The Royal British Legion and is offered based on eligibility and need. To apply, contact the Legion at:

Telephone: 0808 802 8080
Website: The Royal British Legion

Is this answer helpful?