Jobcentre Plus services

The Armed Forces Covenant states that certain Department of Work and Pensions initiatives must help current and former members of the Armed Forces, and their dependants, access Jobcentre Plus services.

If you are looking for a job, use the "Find a job" service that has replaced the Jobcentre Plus job search tool. You can search for jobs, post your CV, create cover letters and receive updates on jobs you are interested in.

Who else can help?

The Royal British Legion's employment support for Service personnel returning to civilian life. They provide expert careers advice and offer support for veterans seeking sustainable employment. Visit the Royal British Legion website for more information.

The Career Transition Partnership (CTP) aims to help ex-Service personnel find civilian employment by encouraging recruiters to hire people from the Armed Forces community. The service offers support through ten resettlement centres in the UK, and one in Germany. Service leavers are eligible for support for up to two years before leaving the Armed Forces, an up to two years after. Visit the CTP website for more information.

RFEA - The Forces Employment Charity is the leading military employment charity and helps thousands of veterans each year. Its Ex-Forces Employment programme provides specialist employment support and job-finding help to all veterans. This service includes:


  • Career and employment diagnostics.
  • One to one expert employment case-working support from a dedicated Regional Employment Advisor or Specialist Vocational Advisor.
  • Access to an online suite of advanced employment tools and guides.
  • Bespoke job-finding support.
  • Access to the largest specialist Jobs Board containing thousands of employment opportunities, which are specially selected to meet the employment needs of veterans.


Visit the RFEA website for more information.

There is also a Ministry of Defence (MoD) Spouse Employment Support Trial to help support Service spouses find employment matching their skills and experience. Numbers are limited and require a formal application.

Is this answer helpful?