On 1 April 2018, NHS England launched the Veterans’ Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (VMH CTS), which is being delivered by the following providers:
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (covering the North of England)
- St Andrew's Healthcare (covering the East Midlands and East of England)
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (covering the West Midlands)
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust (covering London and the South East of England)
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (covering Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and the South West of England).
Patient centred care
Informed by the views of veterans and their families, the VMH CTS is an enhanced local community based service for ex-service personnel who have military attributable complex mental health problems that have not been resolved earlier in the care / support pathway.
The service provides a range of intensive care and treatment that may include (but is not limited to) support for substance misuse, physical health, employment, accommodation, relationships and finances, as well as occupational and trauma focused therapies.
Patients will benefit from:
- an England wide service with care provided closer to home
- evidence based therapies and enhanced trauma stabilisation interventions delivered by specialists in mental health who have an expert understanding of the armed forces
- improved assessment and treatment of physical health difficulties in conjunction with the patient's general practitioner
- an extended duration of care and treatment with interventions provided for up to 32 weeks
- patient centred care delivered in collaboration with a range of local organisations
- family and carer support
- crisis care support.
Referrals to the VMH CTS
Access to the VMH CTS is via a single point of referral from the Veterans' Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (VMH TILS). This ensures that the veteran's military service has been confirmed and any interventions earlier in the pathway have been considered.
To make a referral, please contact the relevant regional VMH TILS as follows:
- North of England service: call 0191 441 5974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midlands and the East of England service: call 0300 323 0137 or email email@example.com
- London and the South East of England service: call 020 3317 6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West of England service: call 0300 365 0300 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals can be made by a GP, military charity or individuals can self-refer.