The Ripple Pond is a military charity that supports the adult family members of physically and emotionally wounded Service Personnel, Veterans and Reservists. It is often close family members who notice changes in personality and behaviour and therefore official diagnoses do not need to be provided for injuries.
The Ripple Pond is accessible nationwide and provides a peer network where members can find localised, confidential and judgement-free support from those experiencing similar yet unique circumstances.
The charity provides the following support. Each option is non-compulsory and can be done at the members' own pace:
- It is a Free Membership .
- A Buddy System that provides a bespoke pairing of one or more members, who are either geographically close and/or in circumstances as similar as possible.
- 24/7 On-Line Support Forum where members can safely and confidentially express their feelings and ask questions.
- Small, local support groups are available nationwide to attend at their own pace and meet others.
- A safe place to express feelings either to staff or other members.
- We work with many organisations and we are able to signposting to other organisations and professionals. Local group meetings also help members find out more about local services .
The Ripple Pond focuses solely on the family member to build stronger, emotional tools to cope with the daily struggles of supporting a loved one with a military attributed injury. It aims to make a person feel they are not coping alone.
Further information and news is available through the website and via The Ripple Pond Facebook and Twitter pages.
For advice or support, contact:
Telephone: 0333 900 1028 (free call from UK numbers)(9.30am - 2.30pm, Mon-Fri)
Contact form: Access support at Ripple Pond
The Ripple Pond: Mandora House Louise Margaret Road Aldershot GU11 2PW