Accessing financial help in England, Wales and Northern Ireland

If you are struggling to manage your finances, you may be entitled to benefits, such as disability allowance, child benefits and jobseekers allowance. Visit the GOV.UK website to learn more.

Who else can help?

Several organisations focus on offering veterans financial assistance for a wide variety of needs.

Family Fund

Family Fund offers grants for families raising disabled or ill children and young people. Their grants help with sensory toys, family breaks, play equipment, computers and more. Contact them at:

Telephone: 01904 571059
Email: Complete online contact form
Website: Family Fund

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion offer financial advice and support to Service and ex-Service people. They offer a range of grants to cover accommodation costs, household items or funeral costs. To find out more, contact the Legion:

Telephone: 0808 802 8080
Website: The Royal British Legion

SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity

SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity, supports veterans through financial assistance for a variety of needs. They can help with costs for mobility and many household goods. To see what assistance they can provide, contact SSAFA at:

Telephone: 0800 260 6767
Website: SSAFA

Is this answer helpful?