Holidays for veterans in England, Wales and Northern Ireland

Life in the Armed Forces can be stressful for the whole family, and it's important to take a break. If you're a service or ex-Service person, you and/or your family can access support for holidays and welfare breaks which are tailored to your needs.

Holidays offer an opportunity to unwind from the strains and stress of everyday life. It also gives you the chance to spend some quality time with your family away from home.

Who can help?

SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity, offers holidays for a week to families who have a parent or child with a need or disability. Applications are open to all in the Armed Forces community. Visit the SSAFA website for more information and eligibility criteria.

The RAF Benevolent Fund (RAFBF) has a strong tradition of looking after the RAF Family in the UK and overseas. They are there for all serving and former members of the RAF as well as their partners and dependent children. Their Welfare Breaks programme offers holidays and respite care for both RAF Serving personnel and veterans. Some breaks are exclusive to those with disabilities. Visit the RAF website for more information.

Is this answer helpful?