Disability benefit appeals - Self representation England, Wales and Northern Ireland

If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) change your Disability Living Allowance (DLA) benefits, you can appeal the decision.

If the case goes to a tribunal, there is information and guidance available to help you represent yourself.

Who can help?

Help for Heroes

Help for Heroes are a UK charity offering a broad range of support and advice to injured veterans. Their Support Hubs can help on a range of issues, including benefits and finance. To find out more, contact:

Phone: 01980 844280
Email: getsupport@helpforheroes.org.uk
Website: Help for Heroes

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion can provide written submissions for self-representation. To see if they can help, visit the Legion website.

The Veterans Welfare Service

The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) is part of Veterans UK. This service offers veterans professional advice in relation to welfare claims. To use this service, contact the VWS centre in your region.

Is this answer helpful?