The E.ON Energy Fund assists people who are struggling to pay their energy bills. The fund can help pay your current or final energy bills arrears, or pay to replace household items such as washing machines, fridge-freezers, fridges or cookers. It can also help with the cost of repairing or replacing gas boilers. Visit the E.ON website for more information.
How can I apply?
You can apply online or by calling 03303 80 10 90. You can also receive help with the application form over the phone.
Who is eligible?
The Energy Fund is available in England, Wales and Scotland to certain pensioners, households and people with disabilities.
To apply, you or your partner must meet one of the following:
- In receipt of pension credit.
- In receipt of means tested Council Tax reduction.
- In receipt of Child Tax Credits with a total gross household income less than or equal to £16,190.
- In receipt of Income Related Employment and Support Allowance.
- In receipt of Working Tax Credits with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less.
- In receipt of Income Support or Income based Jobs Seekers Allowance.
- In receipt of Universal Credit, however are not self-employed or in work.
- A total household income of £16,190 or less.
- Are seriously ill or have a terminal illness, which can be validated with a letter from a Doctor or Medical Practitioner.
You will need to provide evidence of meeting the criteria.
Members of the Armed Forces Community in Scotland can get advice and information from the Armed Services Advice Project.