The Naval Children's Charity is a benevolent charity providing grants for children from both serving and veteran naval families.
We have our own caseworkers who assess the needs of both the family and the child, and we work with other organisations to provide support.
We provide financial support for any child need as well as advice and support on wider family issues. Applicants can come to us directly, either by email, phone or through a simple form on our website, or through SSAFA or other organisations.
We support children and young people up to the age of 25 with a parent or guardian who serves or has served in the Royal Navy (including the Royal Marines, QARRNS, Reserves and Royal Fleet Auxiliary).
Support ranges from grants through our Emergency Essentials Grant Scheme for families in crisis needing support with groceries or other immediate children’s needs, to equipment for disabled children, respite care, hospital costs, educational support particularly where there is a learning disability.
- Grants, advice and support for the needs of children
- Educational support, particularly with learning disability
- Emergency Essentials Grant Scheme
- Grants for clothing, school uniform, educational equipment
- Grants for school leavers/higher education and apprenticeships
- Grants where there is disability and illness of child or parent