Support for carers in Scotland

If you are a carer for someone with ill health, there is a range of practical help and emotional support available to you.

Carers have rights protected by law, and are entitled to some practical and financial help. Visit the GOV.UK website for information about Carers UK, who can offer advice and support on a variety of issues including benefits.

The Scottish Citizens Advice Bureaux Service provides advice to disabled people and carers. Get advice online or contact your local bureau.

Help from other organisations

The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP), delivered by Citizens Advice Bureaux in Scotland, provides dedicated information, advice and support for the Armed Forces community. Visit the ASAP Advice website for more help.

Poppyscotland offers a range of services for the Armed Forces community in Scotland, including those serving, veterans and their dependents. Their support includes short breaks and grants for mobility items and adaptations. Visit their website and get in touch to see if they can help.

SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity provides welfare support for carers who are SSAFA beneficiaries. They can also provide listening and emotional support to those caring for SSAFA beneficiaries. To find out more, visit the SSAFA website or call 0800 260 6767.

Help for those with a life-limiting or terminal condition

Hospice care helps people at any stage of their condition to live as fully as they can. Hospice UK explains who is eligible for care  and you can use their database to find a hospice near you both in the UK and abroad.

Is this answer helpful?